Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yves Saint Laurent RTW SS 08 - when the stars go blue..


The Yves Saint Laurent Spring/Summer 2008 collection is one of my absolute favorites of the SS 08 RTW season. The ad campaign with Kate Moss is amazing - it made me fall in love with the collection all over again. The collection features a lot of grey, black, blue and most importantly STARS! The strappy heeled sandals with star details are one of the key pieces for me and guess what, Asos.com has a pretty good knockoff ^o^ I might order them...not sure yet but they're only £25...ahh so tempting. The thing is thatI'd have to order some more things to justify the high shipping costs (not that this would be a problem, Asos has tons of nice stuff but it would get quite expensive). Gah...I'm torn. I've been thinking about the sandals while riding the bus home after work today...you know, how I'd combine them, if I even own something that goes with them and so on. First off I think you really have to tone down the styling so they stand out. I love how the shoes are worn with masculine pieces in the YSL collection. With slouchy high-waisted, ankle-cropped trousers for example.
I think the shoes would look striking worn with chinos or simple jeans and a heather grey top. The Swedish store Monki has some great pieces that would go perfectly with my desired shoes:

Also the American Apparel tri-blend Raglan Pullover would be a good choice ^o^

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you! Thanks for your comment. So happy about the skirt.

I adore those YSL shoes!I LOVE Asos as a more affordable option, but they are kinda fussy about shipping to the US. Boo!

Fashion Is Poison said...

oooo i love the jumper. i'm such a sucker for jumpers.\

thanks for visiting my blog btw! :)

runway today said...

I know that collection is abs. amazing, and that AA sweater is also on my to get asap list;-)

Egle Z. said...

Aww thanks for a nice comment on my blog sweety, I love them as well. I love them so much that I actually bought them on ebay a bit overpriced. Ah well. Great eye with asos shoes! YSL obviously rocks. And I would pair the shoes with something grey - like a grey t-shirt dress or something ;) just my two cents.

EvaAmarri said...

I loved YSL's collection too. The shoes r to die 4

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for your comments.. i maybe should start writing on english so you also understand everything i write? But my English isn’t that great as you can see haha?

BIG KISS
www.wedgeheel.blogg.se

Elin said...

monki's just lovely :)
have a great day